Less than 30 minutes
- ¾ cup (180ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar (or juice of 2 limes)
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes, or 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- Handful baby carrots, tops removed
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped coriander
- 4 mielies
- 4-6 salad tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 radishes, sliced
- Handful mangetout, julienned
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Chopped herbs or sliced spring onion (optional)
- Combine sauce ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until reduced and slightly sticky.
- Toss carrots into Asian sauce and mix well.
- Combine butter and coriander and brush mielies well with mixture.
- Place on the braai and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning regularly and brushing with melted butter.
- Remove carrots from sauce and place onto the braai along with tomatoes, cook until well charred.
- Brush with sauce at regular intervals.
- Place cooked vegetables in a roasting dish and toss with remaining sauce.
- Arrange on a platter and drizzle with any remaining sauce.
- Top with mangetout, radishes, sesame seeds and herbs or spring onion, if using.