More than 1 hour. (+ marinating time)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 8 chicken thighs and drumsticks, mixed
- 1 jar (375g) Pakco hot vegetable atchar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) brown sugar or honey
- 1 packet (500g) baby potatoes (carrots, butternut or sweet potatoes work well too)
- Chopped coriander or sliced spring onion
- Steamed rice or rotis
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season chicken and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except the potatoes, and coat chicken with mixture.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours. (If marinating longer, chill in the fridge and bring to room temperature before cooking.)
- Transfer chicken and excess marinade to a deep baking tray and add potatoes.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander or spring onions, steamed rice or rotis if you like.
Pakco – Packed with flavour
Bringing the ultimate flavour to cooking comes down to the unique blend of spices you add to your meals. Only Pakco is expertly blended and packed with flavour. Pakco knows that the ultimate flavour lies in the blend, and this equals the ultimate satisfaction and recognition. Add Pakco, for top-quality meals with the ultimate flavour.