Less than 30 minutes
Serves 4 (as a side)
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 cups (500ml) regular or panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated parmesan (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 punnet (800g) large baby marrows, julienned
- Fine salt or flavoured salt, for serving
- Fill a large pot with oil to about 3⁄4 full and heat to 180°C. (See tip above on how to test oil temperature with no thermometer.)
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan (if using) and parsley in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and season generously.
- Dip baby marrow chips into egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Deep-fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.