Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
Blue cheese pears:
- 4 firm green pears
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) melted butter
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- 1 packet (100g) pecan nuts, chopped
- A few sprigs thyme
- 1 block crumbled Castello creamy blue cheese
- 1 packet (200g) streaky bacon
- 2 (120g each) Castello camembert rounds
- Halve and core pears.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with butter and honey.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, turn pears over and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Fill pear cavity with pecan nuts, thyme and crumbled Castello creamy blue cheese. Set aside.
- Place bacon on baking paper for 8-10 minutes, at 180°C until par-cooked.
- Drain bacon of excess fat and wrap 4-5 strips across each round of Castello camembert.
- Place on baking tray (make sure the loose ends of the bacon are facing down) and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is wobbly and molten in the centre.
- Serve pears and bacon-wrapped camembert while hot as part of a cheeseboard.