Share with friends
- 2 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 cup (250ml) rice
- ¼ cup (60ml) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (60ml) peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) vinegar
- 2 tsp (10ml) grated ginger
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground turmeric
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) warm water
- 400g tenderised steak
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 red onion, cubed
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 cups (500ml) shredded cabbage
- Place cardamom pods in a saucepan, add rice and cook according to packet instructions.
- Add coconut to cooked rice, cover and set aside for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together.
- Season steak and cut into strips.
- Thread onto bamboo skewers, alternating with onion. Set aside.
- Chargrill, pan-fry or braai skewers until done to your liking.
- Serve skewers scattered with coriander and with coconut rice, shredded cabbage and dipping sauce on the side.