Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 box (800g) tiger or queen prawns, defrosted and deveined
- 1 packet (1kg) calamari tubes and tentacles, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Season seafood well.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok and fry prawns and calamari in batches for 1-2 minutes over high heat (the aim is to get a golden colour but not to cook all the way through).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, chilli and lime juice to the same pan and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Return seafood to pan and toss to coat with the buttery mixture.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Good idea 1: Serve in summer fresh wraps
Fill charred flour tortillas with seafood, PnP red pepper pesto, sliced red onion, cucumber and mixed medley tomatoes.
Good idea 2: Serve in a rich sauce
Add 1 cup (250ml) cream, chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan (optional) to the same pan, season and serve with good ol’ crusty bread.
Good idea 3: Serve as a salad
Remove prawn heads and shells. Toss seafood with baby spinach, cubed watermelon, sliced radish and avocado, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.