Less than 30 minutes
- 1 box (800g) tiger or queen prawns, defrosted and deveined
- 1 packet (1kg) calamari tubes and tentacles, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Coat seafood in sesame oil and season well.
- Prepare medium-hot coals and braai prawns and calamari in a large pan in batches for 1-2 minutes (the aim is to get a golden colour but not cook all the way through).
- Remove from braai and set aside in a separate dish.
- Add butter, garlic, chilli and lime juice to the same pan and cook on the braai for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Return seafood to pan and toss to coat with the buttery mixture.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Good idea 1: Serve in summer fresh wraps
Fill charred flour tortillas with seafood, PnP red pepper pesto, sliced red onion, cucumber and mixed medley tomatoes.
Good idea 2: Serve in a rich sauce
Add 1 cup (250ml) cream, chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan (optional) to the same pan, season and serve with good ol’ crusty bread.
Good idea 3: Serve as a salad
Remove prawn heads and shells. Toss seafood with baby spinach, cubed watermelon, sliced radish and avocado, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
You can also prepare this on the stove in wok or a large pan over medium heat.