Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 350g PnP tagliatelle nests
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 packet (200g) streaky bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, thyme or origanum
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250g) frozen peas (optional)
- 2 wheels (125g each) camembert
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Add bacon and fry until crispy.
- Add butter and herbs, then whisk in flour.
- Gradually add milk and cream in a thin stream, while whisking.
- Season and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Toss through pasta and peas, if using, and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Halve cheese horizontally to create four discs, and place cut-side down on pasta.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately while hot.