Less than 30 minutes (plus marinating time)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) medium curry powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) garam masala
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 packets (200g each) Live Well extra-firm plain tofu, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into thin petals
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- Lemon wedges and fresh rocket, for serving
- Combine spice rub ingredients. Set aside.
- Place tofu between two oven trays lined with kitchen paper, and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Combine half the spice rub with olive oil and coat pressed tofu.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread about 4 cubes of tofu onto each bamboo skewer, alternating with red onion. Season.
- Braai over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes a side until crisp but not dry.
- Serve with lemon wedges and rocket.