Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet PnP 5-piece chicken braai pack
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) curry powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) cumin seeds
- 1½ cups (375ml) rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh coriander, chopped + extra for serving
- ½ cup (125ml) frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- Sear chicken in a large frying pan with 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ½ the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add curry powder and cumin seeds and fry until fragrant.
- Stir in rice and sauté for 5 minutes, ensuring rice is completely coated in spices and oil.
- Add stock and cover.
- Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Season.
- Stir through coriander and peas.
- Fry remaining onion in vegetable oil at medium to low heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve biryani topped with crispy onion, soft- boiled egg and extra coriander.