More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 3 chicken breasts, skin on, deboned
- Salt and milled pepper
- 100-150g coil chorizo sausage, thickly sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) lemon juice
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 5 sprigs each rosemary and thyme, leaves picked and crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground cumin and ground coriander
- Pinch brown sugar
- 1 packet (250g) PnP sweet baby peppers
- 2 lemons
- Handful fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- Slice chicken into large chunks, season well and place in a dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients and coat chicken with mixture.
- Marinate for 1-4 hours. (The longer it marinates, the more flavourful it will be.)
- Thread chicken chunks and chorizo slices on skewers.
- Braai espetadas over medium coals (you should be able to hold your hand over heat for 4-5 seconds) for about 18-23 minutes.
- Baste with leftover marinade as you braai.
- Remove espetadas from grill, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Halve sweet peppers and lemons and place on the braai to chargrill for about 5 minutes.
- Serve espetadas with grilled peppers and lemons on the side.