- Glug olive oil
- ½ coil (100g) PnP chorizo sarta, cubed
- 2–3 slices ciabatta, torn
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 2 tsp (10ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) chipotle chilli flakes
- ½ cup (30g) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (60g) grated white cheddar cheese
- ⅘ packet (400g) spaghetti (or use linguine or bucatini)
- Heat oil over high heat and fry chorizo until brown and crispy.
- Add bread chunks and thyme leaves and fry for 2–4 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove, season and set aside. (You can blitz in a blender if you prefer a finer crumb.)
- Heat oil in a clean pan and fry garlic until golden.
- Add cream and spices and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce by half.
- Stir through cheese and whisk until thoroughly melted.
- Season to taste.
- Boil pasta in salted water for 7 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Toss pasta through creamy sauce, adding a splash of pasta water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Serve immediately with chorizo crumbs sprinkled on top.