Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125g) castor sugar
- ⅖ cup (100g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ½ Tbsp (8ml) vanilla essence
- 2 cups (300g) self- raising flour, sifted
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 cup (250g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa powder and extra to serve
- 1½ cups (375ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a deep 22cm square oven dish. Whisk egg and sugar together until fluffy.
- Stir in butter, milk and vanilla essence.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt and fold into egg mixture.
- Spoon into dish.
- For the topping, combine sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour boiling water over the back of a spoon to cover pudding (see here).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sugar has formed a crust, and the centre is just cooked (it should be gooey at the bottom).
- Dust with cocoa; serve with berries and mint.