Less than 30 minutes
- 1 onion, diced
- Glug of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground coriander
- 2 cans (410g each) mixed beans
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cups (1-1.25L) chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or coriander)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (45g) cheese flavoured corn chips, coarsely crushed
- Sauté onion in heated oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for a minute more.
- Tip in beans, tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and herbs and season to taste.
- Serve topped with crushed corn chips.