Less than 15 minutes
Share with friends
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 8 (about 2kg) large chipping potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm-thick chips
- ¼ cup (60ml) white spirit vinegar
- Fine salt
- Bread rolls, tomato sauce and/or mustard, for serving
- Fill a large pot with oil to about ¾ full and heat to 180°C (use a thermometer).
- Deep-fry chips in batches for about 5 minutes and drain on kitchen paper.
- Immediately place between 2 sheets of baking paper and fold over to enclose like a parcel. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow them to get slap.
- Return the chips to the hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and place between sheets of baking paper.
- Drizzle with vinegar, season with salt and enclose the parcel.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, then serve with soft rolls, tomato sauce and/or mustard, if you like.