Less than 45 minutes
Makes 18 – 20
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil blend
- 2 packets (200g each) streaky bacon, finely chopped + extra rashers for serving (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) honey or sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) boiling water
- 2 small baguettes
- Butter, for toasting
- 2 blocks (100g each) brie cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1-2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 packet (100g) rocket
- Milled pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and fry bacon over high heat until it starts to crisp.
- Reduce heat, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and paprika, fry for a minute, then pour in vinegar to deglaze pan.
- Stir in honey and water and simmer for 15 minutes until it has a jam-like consistency.
- Slice baguettes into crostini portions, spread with butter and toast on both sides.
- Top with a dollop of jam, some cheese, apple sticks and rocket.
- Season with pepper and serve, with extra rashers of crispy bacon if you like.