Less than 45 minutes
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- 4 tsp (20ml) ground cumin
- 4 tsp (20ml) ground coriander
- Salt and milled pepper
- Glug oil
- 1 packet (8 slices) PnP full-fat cheddar cheese slices
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Good-quality mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, thickly sliced
- 3 gherkins, sliced
- 1 packet (125g) lightly salted chips
- Mix patty ingredients together in a large bowl. Season.
- Divide into 4 equal balls.
- Flatten into patties and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Brush patties with a bit of oil and cook for 6 minutes per side over medium-hot coals (or in a heated griddle pan).
- Top each patty with two slices of cheese and cook until cheese has melted.
- Remove and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Smear buns with mayonnaise and layer lettuce, tomato, gherkins and patties on top.
- Serve with chips and plenty of serviettes.