Less than 30 minutes
Makes 6 cups
- Glug olive oil
- Handful fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (400g each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) wholegrain mustard
- Juice (30ml) and grated peel of 1 lime
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Salt and milled pepper
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add thyme and cumin seeds and fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chickpeas, beans, garlic and mustard and fry for another 10-12 minutes.
- Finish off with the citrus juice and grated peel. Season.
- Divide into three batches of 2 cups (500ml) each.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- Serve on toast, use as stuffing for sweet potato spuds, toss through pasta or serve buttery beans as is with salad.