Less than 45 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) espresso or brewed coffee
- ½ cup (125ml) maple flavoured syrup
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup (180ml) maple flavoured syrup
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) mascarpone
- ½ cup (125ml) whipped cream
- 1 packet (100g) ginger biscuits
- Heat espresso and maple syrup in a saucepan over high heat and reduce to a syrup consistency.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Blitz dates, maple flavoured syrup and water in a food processor until smooth.
- Fold mascarpone and whipped cream together.
- Crush ginger biscuits and divide between 2 glasses.
- Top with alternating layers of date caramel, mascarpone mixture and coffee syrup.