Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 packet (50g) tomato paste
- 2 cans (400g each) peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and milled pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1 can (400g) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (400g) green beans or 1 packet (300g) fresh beans, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 packet (100g) English spinach
- 2 discs (80g) plant-based or regular feta cheese
- Garlic bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan and sauté onion for about 8 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Add garlic and tomato paste.
- Cook until sticky.
- Tip in canned tomatoes. Add Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and sugar, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all beans and herbs and stir to combine evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir through spinach and sprinkle with feta.
- Drizzle feta with olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes until sauce is thick and caramelised on the sides of the pan.
- Serve beans with toasted garlic bread.