Share with friends
- 3-5 anchovies, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) capers
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 800g (about 6) potatoes, washed and sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 tubs (250ml each) cream
- 4 slices (100g) crusty bread, toasted
- Handful fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme or origanum)
- Glug olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blitz anchovies, capers, parsley and garlic together to make a coarse paste.
- Place 2-3 overlapping layers of potato slices in a 22cm ovenproof dish.
- Spread lightly with ⅓ of the anchovy mixture and top with a few red onion slices. Season.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, anchovy paste and onions (ending with potatoes).
- Pour cream over potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Blitz bread and herbs together to create coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over potatoes, drizzle lightly with oil and bake for another 20 minutes or until cream is reduced and potatoes tender.
- Serve hot.