- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups (375ml) kimchi (fermented cabbage), click here for recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) cooked brown basmati rice
- ½ cup (125ml) cake flour
- Salt and milled pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) canola oil
- ½ packet (150g) PnP Tasty Stem broccoli
- 1 packet (200g) baby pak choi
- 1 packet (200g) fine green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Handful sesame seeds and sliced red salad onions, for serving
- Drain kimchi, reserving liquid, and chop into small chunks.
- Combine kimchi with 2 Tbsp (30ml) preserving liquid in a mixing bowl.
- Fry grated onion for 6-8 minutes, until softened, then add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add fried mixture to kimchi in bowl.
- Mix in remaining pancake ingredients to create a batter. Season.
- Heat 5mm oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add a ladle of batter and tilt pan to spread it over the base.
- Fry pancake for 3-5 minutes per side until crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper and season. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Heat sesame and canola oils in a separate pan.
- Flash-fry greens with garlic for 3-4 minutes until slightly wilted.
- Serve pancakes topped with greens, sesame seeds and salad onions.