Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 x PnP 28-day mature rump steaks
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¾ cup (180ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil (optional)
- ½ tsp (3ml) chilli flakes
- 2 tsp (10ml) sriracha sauce
- 1cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ red onion, julienned
- Handful each fresh coriander and sesame seeds
- Chopped red and/or green chilli (optional)
- Set aside steak to come to room temperature an hour before braaiing. (This will ensure even cooking.)
- Season steak well.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a pot, bring to a simmer and cook for about 4-5 minutes until reduced to slightly sticky.
- Place steak on braai grid over high heat (you should be able to hold your hand over the coals for 3 seconds).
- Braai steak for 4 minutes a side (for medium rare).
- Rest steak for 10 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Serve steak with sauce and kiwi topping.