Less than 1 hour
Serves 6 (as a starter)
- ½ cup (125ml) PnP Crafted Collection Sherry Vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- ¼ cup (60ml) sugar
- Grated peel of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 punnet (500g) PnP medley tomatoes, some halved and some quartered
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Sliced and toasted baguette, for serving
- Combine vinegar, sugar, lemon or lime zest, garlic and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour over tomatoes and season.
- Marinate for about 30 minutes before adding basil.
- Combine smashed avo ingredients in a separate bowl and mash with a fork.
- Spread two teaspoons of avo smash over bread and top with tomatoes before serving.