Less than 45 minutes
- 1 packet (400g) shortcrust pastry
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 punnets (150g each) shimeji mushrooms
- 2 punnets (100g each) shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 punnet (400g) brown mushrooms, roughly chopped, or white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tub (230g) herbed cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cornflour, mixed with a little water to make a paste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 packets (200g) cashew nuts, toasted and chopped finely or blitzed + extra for serving
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (30g) wild rocket
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Blind-bake pastry in a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin for 10-15 minutes until firm but not browned.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion until golden, then add garlic and herbs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard sprigs and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms in batches over very high heat until golden.
- Keep a handful aside for topping and add the rest to the onion mixture
- Stir in cream cheese, cornflour, egg and nuts. Season.
- Spoon mixture into tart base and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is cooked and filling is firm.
- Reheat remaining mushrooms. Place them on tart with rocket and a handful of extra chopped cashew nuts.
- Drizzle olive oil just before serving.