Less than 45 minutes
Makes 12 squares
Share with friends
- 1 packet (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 4 eggs
- Juice (120ml) and grated peel of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup (40g) cake flour
- 1½ cups (195g) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Press pastry into a 30cm x 20cm lined rectangular baking tray, allowing the pastry to come up the sides. Prick base with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven to cool down.
- Combine eggs, lemon juice and peel, then whisk into flour and icing sugar.
- Pour mixture into baked pastry base.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-18 minutes or until just set.
- Cool and slice into squares.