Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 bunch (5) beetroots
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 leek, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups (2L) vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- Salt and milled pepper
- Sour cream and fresh dill, for serving
- Boil beetroots in water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, peel and quarter beetroots.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté carrot, onion and leeks.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add stock, bay leaves, cabbage and beetroot. Season.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes until beetroot and cabbage are tender.
- Roughly blitz soup with a stick blender to desired consistency.
- Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with dill.