Makes 2-3 cups
Share with friends
- 3 cups (500g) raw unsalted giant peanuts
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- ⅓ cup (80ml) avocado oil
- Arrange nuts in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Roast at 180°C for 30 minutes, tossing from time to time, until golden.
- Place roasted nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add salt and blitz until mixture begins to clump.
- Add oil in a steady stream while the machine is running until mixture becomes creamy.
- Spoon warm nut butter into a sterilised jar and knock out air bubbles.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cover with a little oil and store in the fridge.
Good idea: Add soy sauce, ginger and a little stock for a cheat’s satay sauce