More than 3 hours
- 3kg pork leg, deboned
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 3cm knob ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- ⅓ cup (80ml) dark brown sugar
- 3 red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 4 star anise
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pork ingredients in a large pot and cover with enough cold water to submerge the pork.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2½ hours, or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and cool in cooking liquid.
- Once cooled, remove and place in a roasting pan.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully peel the skin off the pork, leaving a layer of fat on the surface of the meat. Score thin lines into the fat.
- Heat glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Brush pork with glaze and roast for 20-30 minutes, basting with more glaze until caramelised.
- Slice and serve with sesame steamed greens.