- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 brinjals, cubed
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ packet (250g) PnP penne
- 1 bottle (425ml) PnP roasted vegetable pasta sauce
- Handful fresh basil and grated PnP Grana Padano, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Lightly salt brinjals and saute for 10 minutes or until well browned and crispy.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. (Set pan aside to use later.)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of starchy cooking water.
- Add pasta water, pasta sauce and brinjals back into pan and heat through.
- Add cooked penne and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with a grating of black pepper, fresh basil and Grana Padano.