Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 cup (250ml) light olive or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chilli flakes or chopped dried chillies
- 400g fillet steak (or minute steaks)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- Glug olive oil
- ⅓ cup (80g) butter
- 8 Portuguese rolls, halved
- Heat oil and chilli in a small saucepan until warm but not hot enough to fry.
- Set aside to infuse for 20-30 minutes (or longer if you have time).
- Cut steak into 1cm slices and lay on a chopping board.
- Dot garlic over steak.
- Bash garlic into steak with a meat mallet until steaks are about ½cm thick. Season.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan until frothy.
- Fry steaks for 30-45 seconds, then flip and cook for a further 15 seconds.
- Lay steaks on rolls and drizzle with butter and garlic from the pan.
- Drizzle with chilli oil and serve immediately.