Under 45 minutes
- Glug olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g beef mince
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) PnP crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
- ½ tsp (3ml) chilli flakes
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried Italian mixed herbs
- 8-10 lasagne sheets
- 1 jar (400g) tomato passata (or tomato pasta sauce)
- 1½ cups (375ml) beef stock
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (125ml) mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup (125ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Add mince and cook to brown. Season.
- Stir in garlic, tomato paste, chilli flakes, paprika and herbs, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lasagne sheets, tomato passata and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, gently pressing pasta sheets into sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring gently every 5 minutes for even cooking. (Make sure pasta is covered in sauce and not sitting on top.)
- Stir in lemon juice and peel, and top with cheese.
- Cook for another 10 minutes with lid on until cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with basil.