Less than 1 hour
- 1 box (400g) PnP frozen crumbed chicken cutlets
- Canola oil, for deep-frying
- 2 onions, sliced into thin rings
- ¼ cup (60ml) cake flour, seasoned
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) PnP chilli explosion spice mix
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- ⅓ cup (80ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Handful shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cucumber, cut into thick match sticks
- Fresh coriander or parsley, for serving
- Lemon wedges and grated peel, for serving
- 2 cups (500ml) cake flour
- ⅓ – ½ cup (80-125ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- ½ tsp (3ml) garlic powder (optional)
- Canola oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake chicken cutlets for 12-15 minutes, until cooked.
- Heat canola oil in a pot on high heat.
- Dust onion rings with flour and deep fry in batches until crispy.
- Heat olive oil, spice mix and paprika in a pan over low heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Allow to cool completely.
- Swirl half the spicy oil into yoghurt.
- Make gyros by combining ingredients to form a soft dough and divide into 4 balls.
- Roll out each ball on a floured surface into large oval shapes.
- Heat a griddle pan to just before smoking.
- Brush gyros with oil and fry in a griddle pan for 2-3 minutes per side.
- To assemble, spread gyros with dollops of spicy yoghurt, top with chicken, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and crispy onion rings.
- Drizzle with leftover chilli oil, garnish with parsley or coriander, lemon peel, and serve with lemon wedges.