Less than 45 minutes (+ marinating time)
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 sachets (50g each) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) paprika
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice (120ml) of 2 lemons
- 2 packets (800g each) prawns, deveined and cleaned
- 2 packets (800g each) half-shell mussels, cleaned
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) canola oil
- 100g chorizo, diced and fried
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Stir oil, tomato paste, paprika, chillies, garlic and lemon juice together.
- Toss prawns and mussels in sauce and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare medium coals.
- Cook prawns and mussels (shell-side down) over fire until firm and prawns are opaque.
- Heat a cast iron pan over coals or over medium heat.
- Add canola oil and fry chorizo until crispy.
- Sprinkle cooked prawns and mussels with crisp chorizo and parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges.