Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 roll (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 4 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- Glug olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 tub (230g) PnP plain cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh herbs (we used parsley, thyme and coriander)
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 punnet (200g) asparagus tips or fine green beans (or both works well too)
- Onion seeds and fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Press pastry gently into a large 36cm rectangular tart pan, making sure the pastry comes up the sides of the pan.
- Prick pastry with a fork.
- Place onion on a baking tray, toss with olive oil and garlic. Season.
- Bake pastry and roast onions at the same time for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, herbs, chilli flakes and ½ the lemon juice and grated peel. Season.
- Spread mixture onto the base of the cooled pastry and arrange onion, asparagus and/or green beans on top.
- Bake again for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and grated peel.
- Sprinkle with onion seeds and garnish with fresh basil to serve.