Less than 1 hour
- 1kg baking potatoes, peeled and parboiled
- 250g salmon or smoked mackerel, steamed and flaked (canned will work too)
- 1 tub (250ml) cream
- ½ tub (125ml) sour cream + extra for serving
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) capers, chopped (optional)
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh dill, chopped + extra for serving
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Salt and milled pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice potatoes into 2cm-thick discs.
- Layer potatoes and fish in a 30cm ovenproof dish.
- Combine cream, sour cream, capers, dill, parsley, grated peel and lemon juice. Season.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and shake the dish to mix well.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden on top and cream has reduced to a sauce.
- Garnish with extra dill and serve with lemon wedges on the side.