Less than 45 minutes
- 10 lemon slices, for cooking and serving
- 1 (800g) PnP frozen braai snoek, defrosted
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup (60ml) smooth apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes
- Microgreens and fresh coriander, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C or prepare medium-hot coals on the fire.
- Arrange a layer of lemon slices on a foil-lined baking tray or braai grid and top with snoek.
- Season fish lightly.
- Melt butter, soy sauce, jam, lemon juice and chilli in a saucepan, whisking to make sure it’s smooth.
- Brush fish lightly with sauce, reserving some for basting.
- Bake or braai for 20-25 minutes, basting every 4-5 minutes.
- Serve fish hot with lemon slices, garnished with microgreens and coriander.