Under 45 minutes
Makes about 24
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cinnamon
- ½ cup (110g) castor sugar
- 1 packet (500g) scone pre-mix
- Oil, for deep-frying
- ½ cup (125g) butter
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) cream, warmed
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Combine cinnamon and castor sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix scone dough according to package instructions.
- Fill a pot ⅔ full with oil and warm over a medium heat.
- Pinch off ping pong-sized balls of dough and deep-fry until golden.
- Toss hot scone balls in cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Stir butter and brown sugar in a pot over low heat until sugar melts and begins to caramelise.
- Add cream and stir until smooth, simmering for 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in vanilla essence and salt.
- Drizzle sauce over scone balls and serve.