Less than 45 minutes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5ml) brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) Pakco medium curry powder
- 1 cup (250ml) cake flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 cup (250-500ml) breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 2 cups (500ml) sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) melted butter or canola oil
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Honey or syrup and fresh coriander, for serving
- Season chicken strips and set aside.
- Combine sugar and curry powder and coat chicken with mixture.
- Lightly coat chicken strips in flour, dip in eggs and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Chill in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot and deep-fry chicken for about 8 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- For waffles, combine dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Combine wet ingredients and gently pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix well to form a smooth batter and then fold in spring onions.
- Heat a waffle maker and grease lightly.
- Ladle about ¼ – ⅓ cup batter into the waffle maker and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with crispy fried chicken, drizzle with syrup or honey and garnish with coriander just before serving.
Pakco – Packed with flavour
Bringing the ultimate flavour to cooking comes down to the unique blend of spices you add to your meals. Only Pakco is expertly blended and packed with flavour. Pakco knows that the ultimate flavour lies in the blend, and this equals the ultimate satisfaction and recognition. Add Pakco, for top-quality meals with the ultimate flavour.