Less than 1 hour
- 5 nectarines, halved
- 5 plums, halved
- ½ cup (125ml) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 star anise
- 1 vanilla pod, halved, or 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (50g) oats
- ½ cup (70g) nuts
- ¼ cup (25g) dried coconut flakes
- ½ cup (60g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey or sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- Combine compote ingredients in a medium pot over low heat.
- Bring to a very gentle simmer, cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Place oats in a large pan over high heat and toast for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add nuts, coconut and pumpkin seeds and brown for 5 minutes or until toasty.
- Stir in honey or sugar and butter (using a silicone spatula) and mix to ensure everything is well coated.
- Serve compote scattered with crumble.