More than 1 hour
- 1 packet (200g) fresh strawberries, halved
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water
- 2 chamomile tea bags
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- 2 tots (50ml) gin
- 2 rolls (400g each) puff pastry, defrosted
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 whisked egg, for brushing
- 1 cup (250ml) icing sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- Pink food colouring
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Combine all jam ingredients, except gin, in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until a syrup forms and berries are limp.
- Turn off heat and infuse for 5 minutes. Remove herbs and tea bags.
- Add gin and stir to combine.
- Set jam aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll pastry to 3mm thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut pastry into 4cm x 8cm rectangles.
- Place tablespoons of jam on half the rectangles, leaving 1.5cm border clean.
- Brush borders with whisked egg, then lay remaining pastry rectangles on top to enclose.
- Run fingers around edges to secure, then crimp neatly with a fork.
- Place on a baking tray and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Brush pastry with egg and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix icing sugar and water and add a few drops of food colouring.
- Decorate pop tarts with icing and sprinkles.
- Leave for a few minutes for icing to set before serving.