Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 3 slabs (100g each) 70-90% dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250g) butter
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups (200g) xylitol
- 1½ cups (175g) almond flour
- ½ packet (50g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ packet (50g) hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease a 25cm brownie pan.
- Melt 2 slabs chocolate and butter in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. (You can also do this over a double boiler on the stove-top.)
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well before adding the next one.
- Stir through vanilla, xylitol, almond flour and half the nuts.
- Pour into brownie pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and, while hot, dot with remaining chocolate.
- Spread chocolate over brownies with a spatula.
- Scatter with remaining nuts and cool.
- Slice and serve, or store in an airtight container for up to five days.