Makes 6 (+ 2 cups jam)
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1½ cups (375ml) frozen mixed strawberries and raspberries
½ cup (100g) sugar
- Juice (80ml) and grated peel of 1 orange
⅓ cup (80ml) vodka or water
- 1 loaf PnP ouma bread or ciabatta, cut into 12 slices (about 2cm thick)
- Melted butter, for toasting
- ½ cup (125ml) cream cheese (optional)
1 packet (125g) Black Forest ham
- 12 slices emmental cheese
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Combine jam ingredients, except vodka, in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until berries break down and mixture thickens, 12-15 minutes.
- Add vodka or water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Brush bread slices with butter and toast on both sides until golden.
- Spread cream cheese on one slice and layer with ham and 2 slices emmental cheese.
- Top with about 2 Tbsp jam.
- Close sandwich with remaining toast and dust with icing sugar to serve.