Share with friends
- Glug olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- ½ pack (120g) sun-dried tomato in oil, chopped and 2 Tbsp(30ml) of oil reserved (optional)
- 2-3 tsp (10-15ml) PnP chopped garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) flour
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (125g) grated Emmenthal or mozzarella + extra for topping
- ½ cup (60g) grated cheddar
- Half or 2-3 portions rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 400g pasta of choice (shells, penne or macaroni elbows work well), cooked according to packet instructions
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Handful chopped parsley
- Basil and vine tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add butter, reserved sun-dried tomato oil and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Slowly pour in milk and wine or chicken stock, stirring as you go, and cook for about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in cheese until smooth.
- Add shredded chicken, cooked pasta, fresh and/or sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Season well.
- Sprinkle over extra cheese and place under the grill for 8-10 minutes or until golden-brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with basil and vine tomatoes just before serving.
Good idea: You can also use half a rotisserie chicken and save leftovers for chicken mayo sandwiches.