Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 pack chicken (drumsticks and thighs)
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ coil (150g) chorizo sausage
- 1 packet (200g) fine green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped diced
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 320g arborio rice
- 1-2 tsp (5-10ml) smoked paprika
- 3-4 strands saffron (optional)
- 5 cups (1.25L) hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley and aïoli, for serving
- Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof pan.
- Fry chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden all over. Season.
- Add chorizo and beans and fry for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and fry onion until soft.
- Add peppers, garlic and tomato and fry for about 5-8 minutes.
- Increase heat and stir in rice and paprika and fry for a few seconds.
- Combine saffron, if using, with hot stock and add to pan. Season.
- Return chicken, chorizo and beans to pan.
- Briefly stir to combine, then refrain from stirring for the rest of the cooking time.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is just below rice level.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve with aïoli and lemon wedges on the side.