- 1 box (300g) matzah, broken into large chunks
- Glug olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ can (410g) corn
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated cheddar
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated mozzarella
- ½ punnet (125g) cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Handful coriander, finely chopped
- Juice (30ml) and grated peel of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake matzah chips on a baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté peppers, garlic and onion for 5–7 minutes.
- Add spices, season and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Top matzah nachos with sautéed vegetables, corn and cheese.
- Bake for 5–8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Combine salsa ingredients and season.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice and peel and season.
- Serve nachos topped with salsa, mashed avo, jalapeños and sour cream.