- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) each ground cinnamon and turmeric
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground coriander, paprika and chilli flakes
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 3 medium aubergines, halved and scored
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 packet (200g) green olives, pitted
- ½ red onion, sliced and soaked in water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) roasted seeds (we used a mix of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds)
- Handful watercress, for serving
- Stir Moroccan oil ingredients together.
- Brush aubergine halves with Moroccan oil.
- Sandwich halves together and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place between medium coals and braai for 10-15 minutes or until softened, turning frequently. (Alternatively, grill them in a 180°C preheated oven).
- Remove foil.
- Season scored sides and place cut-side down on braai grid or griddle pan if using the stove.
- Braai over coals or hot griddle pan for 5 minutes, until charred.
- Toss orange segments, olives and onion together.
- Place on a serving platter and add brinjals.
- Sprinkle with seeds and watercress just before serving.