Less than 1 hour (plus chilling time)
- 1 cup (150g) cake flour + extra for dusting
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (60g) icing sugar
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup (125g) chilled butter, cubed
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup (60ml) ice-cold water
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- ½ cup (100g) castor sugar
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 punnet (200g) fresh raspberries + extra punnet for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place dry ingredients for pastry in food processor.
- Add butter cubes and blitz until it has a sand-like consistency.
- While motor is running, add egg then water – just enough until pastry comes together.
- Shape into a flat 10cm disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface into a 20-23cm circle.
- Line a loose-bottomed tart tin with pastry.
- Prick base with a fork, line with baking paper and fill with beans/rice.
- Blind-bake pastry for 12-15 minutes, remove beans and paper, then bake for another 5-8 minutes until golden.Click here for a step-by-step on blind baking pastry.
- Heat cream and sugar in a pot until steaming hot, stirring to help sugar dissolve.
- Remove from heat, pour over chocolate in a bowl and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla essence.
- Place raspberries in tart shell, pour in chocolate mixture and bake tart for 20-25 minutes. (It should still be slightly wobbly in the middle.)
- Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Serve topped with extra raspberries.