Less than 45 minutes
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar (xylitol or Sweetly sugar substitute works well too)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 slab (100g) dark chocolate, melted + extra for serving
- ½ can (200ml) coconut cream
- Coconut flakes, toasted, for serving
- Chill coconut milk in the fridge. (This will separate the thick cream layer on top, for easy whipping.)
- Line a 30cm loaf tin with two layers of cling film.
- Heat sugar and water in a pot over medium heat. Simmer until it reaches 112°C.
- Whisk 4 egg yolks using an electric mixer for 6 minutes, or until light and pale.
- Pour a thin stream of syrup down the side of the egg mixture, while motor is running, and whisk until pale and foamy.
- Halve the mixture.
- Fold melted dark chocolate into one half and coconut cream into the other.
- Skim solid cream from chilled coconut milk (discard liquid).
- Whip to stiff peaks, halve and gently fold into both mixtures until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into loaf tin and freeze until just set.
- Add coconut layer and freeze until fully set.
- Serve unmolded and garnished with toasted coconut flakes and drizzled dark chocolate.