Less than 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) sugar
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 kg store-bought bread dough
- Combine water, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar completely dissolves.
- Set aside to cool.
- Divide dough into 5cm balls and roll them into long strips about 1mm thick.
- Twist around a bamboo skewer to create a long spiral. (Ensure only the tips of the skewers are exposed.)
- Braai over medium coals for 10-12 minutes, turning often.
- Brush generously with cooled cinnamon syrup as they come off the braai.