More than 1 hour
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, drained
- 1 punnet (20g) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ punnet (5g) dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (3ml) dried chilli flakes
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) flour
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh mint, chopped
- Juice (30ml) and zest of ½ lemon
- Baby leaf salad and garlic braai bread, for serving
- Place 1 can of chickpeas in a food processor along with herbs, garlic, spices, onion and flour.
- Blitz until smooth and season.
- Add peas and remaining chickpeas and pulse on low speed until chunky.
- Form into 8 patties and refrigerate for an hour.
- Brush with olive oil and cook straight from the fridge on a griddle pan over high heat for 2–3 minutes a side.
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Serve patties hot or cold with sauce, salad leaves and bread.